#1 Collaboration is King…. Today’s Meet, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
#2 Learning is Hands…. on- CTE classes, coding, problem solving, etc.
#3 Classrooms Look Different ... flexible furniture
#4 Coding Takes Off… expecially at elementary & middle school
#5 Students take Charge… devices are in hands of students, blended learning
Teaching Best Practices
Marzano Research Laboratory (MRL) conducted a study of best practice in various settings to evaluate the relationship between student learning and effective pedagogical practices. The study identified 13 best practices across three dimensions of teacher behaviors and strategies. Adopting these practices can help a teacher effectively engage with students in today’s learning environments.
STRATEGIES INVOLVING ROUTINE EVENTS
1.Communicate course/assignment rules and procedures
2. Provide students with all materials needed to complete an assignment
3. Clearly present the goal/objective for each assignment
4. Offer encouragement and positive feedback to students
5. Allow students to keep track of their learning progress
6. Communicate with students via electronic communication as well as face-to-face
STRATEGIES ENACTED ON THE SPOT
7.Monitor student work
8. Know every student by name and be able to recognize them outside of the classroom
9. Allow student to progress through assignments at their own pace
10. Provide help for students to understand and practice new knowledge
11. Allow student to ask questions
12. Treat all students equally
STRATEGIES ADDRESSING CONTENT
13. Add external resources to assignments aligned to course objectives