#1 Collaboration is King…. Today’s Meet, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
#2 Learning is Hands…. on- CTE classes, coding, problem solving, etc.
#3 Classrooms Look Different ... flexible furniture
#4 Coding Takes Off… expecially at elementary & middle school
#5 Students take Charge… devices are in hands of students, blended learning
Mission of Instructional Technology Department: To support teachers in their quest to seamlessly integrate technology into the curriculum and educational experiences of HISD students, PreK-12.
GOALS of Instructional Technology Department:
1. To provide trainings, programs, equipment, and services to teachers, staff, and students; .....
2. To promote career and college readiness standards for all students attending HISD;
3. To assist with the acquisition of hardware and software for all students attending HISD;
4. To facilitate the use of Best Practices by all teachers; and
5. To serve as the liaison between the curriculum and technology departments.