To earn the VIRTUAL LEARNING Badge, one must:
1. Complete online or in person VIRTUAL LEARNING training sessions or have prior
experience using virtual learning opportunities and tools.
2. Schedule, setup, and participate in seven different VIRTUAL LEARNING activities.
Share information about purpose of activity and date and time of each of the sessons
3. Share pictures and/or video of each of the five different VIRTUAL LEARNING
activities via your class website, twitter (use #buzzhisd plus the hashtab for individual campus…
#buzzpeavy,#buzzbonner, #buzzhms, or #buzzhhs), SeeSaw, Instagram, or other approved social media outlets.
Note: Pictures and/or video can be shared with campus or district personnal for posting on
restricted access sites. Teacher requesting Badge, MUST post to their class website,
Tweet with #buzzhisd plus the hashtab for individual campus...#buzzpeavy, #buzzbonner, #buzzhms, or #buzzhhs, or post on other approved social media.
Note:The items posted by campus or district media contact person do not count towards badge requirements.
4. Post at least five Tweets, SEESAW, Instagrams, etc. about students doing NEARPOD lessons or activities using the following: (If posting on Twitter use #buzzhisd plus the hashtag for individual campus… #buzzpeavy, #buzzbonner, #buzzhms, or #buzzhhs.
If you do not have a webcam or audio/visual capabilities in your classroom, contact the campus Learning Resource Media Specialists. Arrangements can be made in advance for you to have the necessary equipment. Individual campuses may vary in the checkout
process required. Be sure and allow time for setup and testing.
Documentation for Requesting Badge:
1. Name and date of each of the seven different VIRTUAL LEARNING activities.
2. Copies of email documentation stating name, date, and purpose of each of the seven different VIRTUAL LEARNING activities.
3. Links to pictures and/or videos of each of the five different VIRTUAL LEARNING activities posted to social media.
4. Documentation supporting messages shared or posted..
If you have completed the required components for the Virtual Learning Badge, and have the above documentation, please complete the attached Badge Request Form.