To earn the SOCIAL MEDIA Badge, one must:
1.Complete online or in person Social Media training sessions or have prior experience using Social Media.
2.Share fifteen different posts/tweets/ etc. about fifteen different activities/presentation/etc. that students/classes are involved or participating in during your classroom or sponsored activities. ALL fifteen posts do not all have to be on the same platform. One may split between different platforms in an effort to meet needs of sharing and/or audience addressed.
NOTE: These posts CANNOT be used for completion of two different DIGIBADGES.
3.Share posts, tweets, summary list and/or data reports with firstname.lastname@example.org. Sample summary sheet for documentation communication is attached. Click to download, Summary sheet should contain the following information for all 15 communications:
4. If posting on Twitter use the following: #buzzhisd plus the hashtag for individual campus...#buzzpeavy, #buzzbonner, #buzzhms, or #buzzhhs.
5. At least ten of the shared information should be in the form of pictures and/or video via your class website or other approved social media outlet.
Note: Pictures and/or videos can be shared with campus or district personnal for posting on restricted access sites. Teacher requesting Badge MUST post to their class website. Items posted by campus or district media contact person DO NOT count towards badge requirements.
This badge was designed to address specific needs of teachers that (1) may not have access to classroom student devices on a regular basis, (2) utilize devices that are available whenever possible, and (3) recognize student achievement and/or student participation via social media outlets.
Check school devices that will be used to access SOCIAL MEDIA be sure one has access to app and/or access to site.
Documentation for Requesting Badge:
1. Date of each of the fifteen different Social Media posts.
2. Copies of email documentation stating basic topics, date, and purpose of each of the 15 different activities highlighted.
3. Links to pictures and/or videos of at least 10 of the different activities highlighted via social media.
4. Documentation about the fifteen different activities posted on SOCIAL MEDIA.
If you have completed the required components for the SOCIAL MEDIA Badge, and have the above documentation, please complete the attached Badge Request Form.