To earn the Spelling City Badge, one must:
1.Complete online or in person training sessions or have prior experience using Spelling City.
2.Provide TEN different opportunities for students to use Spelling City ten different times in your classroom.
3.Share presentations or data reports with firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Post at least five “Tweets”, “Seesaw”, “Instagram” etc. messages about students using Spelling City activities in your classroom. (If posting on Twitter use the following: #buzzhisd plus the hashtag for individual campus...#buzzpeavy, #buzzbonner, #buzzhms, or #buzzhhs.)
5. Share at least 5 pictures and/or videos of your class participating in Spelling City activities via your class website or other approved social media outlet.
Note: Pictures and/or videos can be shared with campus or district personnal for posting on restricted access sites. Teacher requesting Badge MUST post to their class website. Items posted by campus or district media contact person DO NOT count towards badge requirements.
Check school devices that students will be using to access Spelling City to be sure they have app and/or access to site.
Documentation for Requesting Badge:
1. Date of each of the ten different Spelling City opportunities.
2. Copies of email documentation stating basic topics, date, and purpose of each of the 10 different activities.
3. Links to pictures and/or videos of at least 5 of the different Spelling City activities posted to social media.
4. Documentation about the five different Spelling City activities posted on Twitter, instagram, seesaw, etc.
If you have completed the required components for the Spelling City Badge, and have the above documentation, please complete the attached Badge Request Form.