TECHNOLOGY Proposal Guidelines
(Revised June, 2012)
Purpose: To provide teachers the opportunity to obtain technology to enhance educational opportunities of students in classroom setting.
Prerequisites: A teacher must have completed Level 2 Teacher Technology Competencies to be eligible to submit a Technology Proposal.
1. Teachers are encouraged to write a proposal describing technology required for a project, how it would be used in the classroom, and how it would impact student achievement. A proposal may be written in narrative format or it may be written in a question/answer format. Regardless of which format is selected all items contained in the "Required information to be included in Proposal" section below must be addressed.
2. Proposals should be submitted to campus principals, and then with the principal's approval, the proposal should be emailed to the Assistant Superintendent and the Instructional Technology Specialist.
3. If proposal is approved, teachers must attend two training sessions (in use of equipment, school policies, etc.). Training may be provided by district, campus, conference, etc.
4. Training must be documented by the teacher completing an online Professional Development Evaluation form for each of the training sessions.
5. At the conclusion of the training sessions, and when funds have been secured to provide the requested technology, teacher(s) will receive requested items.
Required information to be included in Proposal: (Click here for template)
(1) What item(s) of technology are being requested;
(2) How will the item(s) affect student achievement;
(3) Overview of research and/or background information on why specific technology is being requested;
(4) Number of teachers and/or students that will be using item(s) requested; and
(5) Cost of item(s) and possible source of item(s) being requested.
For additional information or assistance: Contact Campus Media Specialist ot District's Instructional Technology Specialist.
lab reservation secure site
Lockheed Martin Password, same as FB&T