- Referral process occurs Nov and Dec.
- Referrals may be submitted by teachers, counselors, parents, or other interested parties.
- Requires consent from parents/guardians to test.
- Referral forms are available within the school front office.
- Deadline: December 20, 2023
*Parents CAN request testing more than once! Sometimes, students don’t test well due to maturity. Parents/guardians have the option of referring their student again during the next Referral window the following year.
- Referrals received from Parents, Teachers, School Officials & Community Members during referral window (Nov-Dec)
- Multiple Measures are Used:
- Quantitative (minimum of 91st percentile)
- Standardized Abilities Tests
- Testing may include: Otis-Lennon, SAGES, Naglieri Nonverbal, CogAT, etc.
- Portfolio Lessons
- Teacher Inventory
- Parent Inventory
- A committee with at least three trained personnel will evaluate all data and make placement decisions based on data.
- Parents will be notified of program placement decisions in April.