1. All teachers are required to create and maintain a school webpage.
2. Webpage may be created using any tool or template
(Exception: MS teachers are required to create a GABBART landing page; they can then link to other providers if they chose).
>The district provides and supports GABBART websites.
>If another provider is used, the district does not provide training or support.
3. Webpage must be kept current and contain relevant information.
4. The first page (landing site) should contain the following information:
>Name of teacher
>Contact information for teacher (email address, and conference period)
>Daily class schedule
5. Site should be user friendly to both parents and students. It should contain information and/or links informing
parents and students how they can acquire information about homework, projects, fieldtrips, activities, etc.
Example: HISD is implementing the use of SEESAW at Peavy Primary.
SEESAW is a Learning Management System that supports both onsite and distance learning.
Students will access SEESAW through their CLEVER account.
6. Cute is nice, but usability and information provided is more important to parents.
7. Site will be checked periodically by administrators...(Website Review Checklist)
8. HELP IS always available - process of creating and maintaining should not be overwhelming.
Name of Course
Name of Teacher
Teacher(s) contact information
Link to District site
Daily schedule with conference time
Information about LMS that is being used.
How parent contact will be made: Skyward, Canvas, SEESAW, phone call, text, regular mail are aproved methods for parent contact.
Peavy & Bonner- Peek-at-the-week or
Week-at-a-glance or Weekly Newsletter
Middle School & High School: Syllabus
Class Project(s) Information
Links to supplemental resources
Samples of Student Work
Short Answer Format
Student permission forms